Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Year of Change

    This last year has been a year of change. We have seen the birth of two new nieces and the passing of one wonderful grandfather. I took a bit of a hiatus from photography just to simplify life, it helped and I now feel energized and ready for wedding season. I will, however, only be taking one wedding per month. I already have one for May and one for June. 
    First I want to say a few words about my Grandpa John. He passed away at the beginning of February after almost 83 years on this earth. You can read his obituary here. My mom asked me to write his obituary and I was so honored. Grandpa was so fun, I always remember baking, playing or just being silly with him. He always cared about what we were doing, he genuinely wanted to know how our lives were going. As it says in his obituary, his family was his life and we always felt loved. Grandpa will be missed, but I know we will see him again. He was a fun grandpa, I will always remember how upbeat and enthusiastic about life he was - and how he called me his Erin Ann :)
    Our nieces Charlotte and Ivy were also born in the last year! We love our nieces and nephew so much! 
    Here's newborn Charlotte, I can't believe she's almost a year old! She is such a sweetie!
    Here's Ivy, she was born Nov. 20 at 25 weeks gestation - she was 1lb. 4 oz. and is now over 6lbs!!
    Happy Tuesday!
    Erin, Matt and Tempe

No comments: