I have a full day of editing today. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. But all will get done - I have a wedding next week and family and bridal portraits on the 17th. I love this time of year, it just needs to be a bit warmer. There also seems to be not enough time in a day - I need a few more hours of daylight so I can work and get to hang out with my husband. My issue right about now is what to cook for dinner. Man, I really need a vacation - and I'm talking one that takes us at least 600 miles away.
Monday, March 29, 2010
Thursday, March 25, 2010
I got an email from my dad the other day - he wrote before all the pictures, "No, you cannot use any of these as reference photos." Silly dad, he thought these were hilarious - as did I. So, here are a few wedding don'ts to remember!
1. Never sit on your groom - this reminded me of the little painting Anastasia drew for her grandma in Fox's animated version of "Anastasia" - the one where Ulga said it looked like a pig riding a donkey. This was a poor choice on the photographer's part.
2. Also, suspension over a keg, while wearing your wedding dress - not a pretty site.
3. Don't let Princess Leia officiate - especially while wearing the gold bikini, and maybe you'd like your bride to see your face during the ceremony, you think?
4. Camouflage is not a theme - unless you don't want to be seen under that hideous arch. Also, make your groom dress up - how lazy was this guy, he thought, "maybe after the ceremony I can pull out my rifle and shoot us some grub for the reception."
5. Always try to look pleasant - it is your wedding day after all. Man, that wedding looks like a drag.
6. Don't pick a cake that looks like blood when smeared on your face - looks like there was a brawl at your wedding and you lost.
7. It's would be really creepy to walk into a reception and see a life-size cake of the bride - how self-righteous is this woman?
8. Why would you graffiti your wedding party, not to mention your WEDDING DRESS - and did you notice it says, "wifey" on her butt!? My brother got a shirt with this writing style on it when we were in Las Vegas - 17 YEARS AGO.
9. This one is self-explanatory. Wow, they look like a hoot.
10. Obviously these two were getting married on that Star Wars planet where the aliens were duplicating Jengo Fett. Kind of Star Wars meets Pirates of the Caribbean meets The Lord of the Rings - with a Gothic twist.There you are - remember that your wedding should reflect you, not incriminate you.
Happy week everyone!
Monday, March 22, 2010
I love the weather right now. We had a bit of rain today - fabulous! I love it! I also enjoy the feeling of accomplishment that comes with completing my editing on a set of photos. I must say that I really love the color on Crystal and Craig's engagements! I really enjoy getting to do new things with my camera - you can never know too much about your camera! So, this about does it for C+C until their wedding photos in May. Crystal wants to keep her bridals a secret - which I totally agree with - I did!
I had a fabulous weekend and needless to say I really didn't want it to end. It began for me on Thursday. Stephanie and James were married in the Bountiful temple and I was so excited to be there to capture it. I bought a new toy for my camera - a Gary Fong flash diffuser! All I can say about this thing is that it makes a world of difference when using my flash! My day began at 9 a.m. and ended around 9 p.m. with me making a stop at Del Taco to grab some dinner for me and dad. Here's a little preview of the newly married Ito couple.
Friday was crazy as well - I had to visit with my accountant and get my taxes done. This was my first year filing with my business and I must say that the best thing to remember when running a business is to keep track of EVERYTHING! Keep your receipts, mileage and always send in your quarterly sales tax on your earnings in (or they will assume you're ignoring them and fine you an enormous amount - for me it was over $15,000 - which, luckily, I don't have to pay). So, with all that stress behind me, mom and I headed south to scout a location for the bridals I would be shooting on Saturday. I also need to add that our GPS saved my butt all weekend! We found the site after about 30 minutes of wondering. While checking it out mom lost a bank receipt out of her car and asked me to grab it. However, the wind was blowing pretty hard and every time I thought I was close enough to grab it, it flew two feet forward. I knew that if I didn't stop this little piece of paper it would scamper right down a large, steep hill. So, I threw caution to the wind and jumped on it head first. I almost went down the hill - I was also in a position where I couldn't get up, so I flailed my legs so I could turn over and stand up. When I got back to the car mom was dying - she was laughing so hard she couldn't talk. Man, I love those funny trips with mom - we always have so much fun!
Saturday came around and I was able to attend the temple with my friend Janel who was receiving her endowment - the Oquirrh Mountain temple is GORGEOUS! Anyway, we had such a fun time shooting the bridal/groomals of Lynzee and Joe. Mom and dad came along to help and I really think that my dad missed his calling - he's wonderful at fixing the little details and making sure my photos look perfect! Mom was wonderful moral support :) I love these! Enjoy - more to come!
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
I was getting things together for my busy weekend - including tax stuff, I have a meeting with our wonderful tax lady Friday. So, I was going through mileage and stuff for my business and came across this photo that I'm sure no one has seen. If you haven't seen a sunset over McKinnon, Wyoming (where Matt grew up) you are missing out - so, this is for you! I'm off to shoot a wedding in Bountiful tomorrow and bridals in Salt Lake on Saturday! Have a beautiful weekend!
Saturday, March 13, 2010
After posting the bowling ball photo the other day I had three requests, including my husband, friend Amanda and the bride in the photo, to remove the "Made in China" from the ball under their names. So, I did.
I also realized that I haven't posted much about what Matt and I are up to lately. Matt had three interviews this weekend with various school districts. I think he's really looking forward to running his own classroom. He's doing such a great job student teaching, he comes home exhausted every day - I see that as a sign that he's putting everything he has into this. He's such a hard worker!!
I booked another wedding for the summer! I have my first set of groomals and second wedding coming up this weekend. We are loving the warmer weather - although rumor has it we will be getting snow today :(. Today is cleaning day for me so we can start off next week with a clean place. We always do better when the apartment is clean.
Have a beautiful Saturday!
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
I finished up Lynzee and Joe's photos today! I must say that I'm so proud of my work on these. I feel like I'm getting better - I love the way these came out! So, here is the last engagement post of L + J, you will be seeing them again in my first groomal session in a couple weeks - can't wait.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Monday, March 1, 2010
I had so much fun with Joe & Lynzee on Saturday! They were so awesome - we walked all over Salt Lake City and found some amazing places to take their engagement pictures. These two were totally go-with-the-flow, I have to say that when I told them to meet me downtown I only had a couple ideas, but because they were willing to trek around I was able to find new places and work on my creativity.