Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Julie & Julia

Mom and I made our way to the movies this weekend to see "Julie & Julia," a movie that I have been looking forward to see. I have to say that it did not dissapoint! Amy Adams is adorable, as usual, and Meryl Streep completely looses herslf in Julia Child. It's such a fantastic story of two women finding themselves through food - Julie is stuck in a depressing job and decides rejuvenate herself by creating a blog to document cooking her way through Julia Child's, "Mastering the Art of French Cooking," 365 days & over 400 recipes in the book! During Julie's story we also get a glimpse into the life of Julia Child - her adoring husband and her journey into cooking! She was such a wonderfully upbeat woman, nothing got her down or stood in her way - an amazing role model for women!
I loved this movie - it touched my heart! Mom and I cried and laughed our way through it - I really want to see it again! I highly recommend," Julie & Julia"! So guys take your gals for a night out on the town to see this extraordinary film by Nora Ephron, who brought us "Sleepless in Seattle," and "You've Got Mail"!

No comments: