Sunday, November 20, 2011

Big Miracles Come in Small Packages

Our new little niece Ivy was born today. She was 1lb. 4 ounces and [about] 10 inches long. My baby sister was only 25 weeks and 4 days along when they did the C-Section this morning at 8:49 a.m. Al had been in the hospital since Thursday with Preeclampsia, and her blood pressure wasn't going where we needed it to today, so the doctors decided the conditions would be better for Ivy outside the womb.
She is such a fighter - both her and her momma! This just goes to show that our Heavenly Father is watching out for us all the time - we are so blessed to have her in our lives! I got to see her for a few minutes today, she moved when I talked to her - it was amazing. 
My sister went through this day like a champ. When the doctors were in talking to her I opened the door and stuck my head in, she immediately looked at me and said, 'EB, stay out.' I know she did this more for my benefit than hers, at that moment little sister became the older than me. I could see in her face that she was surpassing me in knowledge and experience. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful family! I love my sister with all my heart and now we have a new member of the family to spoil!
Thanks to everyone for the well-wishes and prayers, they certainly have not gone unanswered! Our family has grown, not only in size, but in strength!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, I hope the little baby keeps on fighting and getting strong! And congrats to Allie. :)

Shantel said...

What a beautiful post Erin! Allie is an amazing young woman! I have been thinking about her and Ivy almost constantly and praying for their new little family.