Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Around the House

   Matt and I both had birthdays this last week, Matt loves that he's older than me by four days - he never lets me forget it. We had a wonderful time with my family. We had an Oscar party on Sunday night - I loved the fashion! I have to say that because I only saw three of the films that were up for Best Picture - although if they only nominated five, like they used to, I'd be well ahead of the curve. I always vow that next year I will see all the movies on the list, but when it comes down to it I just didn't have any interest in seeing 'Winter's Bone' or 'Black Swan,' with all due respect to the fabulous Natalie Portman. So, I saw 'Toy Story 3,' 'The Social Network' and 'True Grit.' I hoped Hailee Steinfeld would win, wished that 'How to Train Your Dragon' would edge out 'Toy Story 3,' and longed to see Hugh Jackman on stage - but not everything turns out the way I want it - maybe next year. 
   My birthday was awesome, I went to the doctor - mainly because I took the day off of work and he had a spot free. I got to hang out with my husband, mom, sister and aunts - my dad had to go to St. George on business :( We were fortunate enough to be on the tenth row to watch the Celtics best the Jazz. Even a loss couldn't hold down the fun of the evening - we loved it!
Now for the presents!!
   My fam gave me a sewing machine!! I have wanted one for so long. I had two old ones that really needed work, but instead my fam went with reality and figured I should just get a new one. They were right! I love it! And, of course, I had to run right to the fabric store to get the fixins for a quilt - I hope it turns out better than my last try at making a blanket *sigh.




   Our wonderful friends Ammon and Emma gave me this amazing cookbook - I can't wait to make something!! They also gave me a 'Prince of Persia' 16-month calendar ;)

   My so-cute hubby gave me this card - he said it was the result of standing in front of the birthday cards at the store for over 15 minutes. He wrote in it that he loves the little things that make me giggle, Justin Bieber is one of those things :] What? His stuff is catchy!

   My favorite dress of the Oscars - the oh-so-adorable Hailee Steinfeld.
     (Getty Images)


Hailee Steinfeld
 When Hailee Steinfeld stepped onto the red carpet at the Oscars in a gorgeous cream Marchesa gown, she had more than one reason to be proud. Not only was she nomina

   And now, Justin Bieber.
   Don't think, just watch it - you know you want to!

2 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Looks like a really nice machine. Lucky!!! Glad had a great bday!

BTW- I did enjoy the Justin video!

Jen said...

WOOOOOO! Happy birthday you two! How fun that they are so close together. I wish that we could have been there to celebrate! Erin your gift should be there tomorrow...Matt yours is taking a bit longer. =)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We love you!