Thursday, December 31, 2009

Our Year in Review & Pictures!

January 2009 brought a new beginning for us in our cute, little apartment. Matt began his second-to-last Spring semester at Utah State University and I went back to work. It was a great start to our 2009 year - we had also been married for about six and a half months at that point. February got Matt and I to our 24th brithdays - Matt's on the 24th and mine on the 28th. We kept ourselves busy with school and work. March came along and we celebrated dad's birthday on the 8th. By the time March gets to Logan the weather is thinking about warming up, and sometimes teases us with a little less snow - but in the end the sun stays behind the clouds and waits for us to get used to the cold, then pops out of no where after we buy a couple new sweaters. April meandered in and Matt finished up his semester in grand style - on the Dean's list again! I knew I had to get going with a summer job - so the search began. By the time we got to May we knew that summer was right around the corner. I got a job with housing working as a receptionist on Central Campus and Matt moved smoothly into his new roll within housing. June was major busy for both of us, but we worked in time to celebrate our one-year anniversary in Salt Lake City. We made it to the Salt Lake Temple (where we were married) and did some sealings before we went to dinner at the Little America Hotel (where we spent or wedding night) - we stayed the night and returned home the next day. I wish we could have relived our honeymoon in Disneyland, but sadly we had to get back to work.  I also got to go spend a week with my brother Tal, sister-in-law Jen and nephew Ezra in California! -  so much fun!! Things heated up weatherwise in July - I was lucky that there was air conditioning at work, because we lack that comfort in our apartment. The 4th was a blast - we went camping in Wyoming with Matt's brother Scott! I fished for the first time - caught 2 all by myself! I also became a true wilderness girl when I was told that if I wanted to go to the bathroom the best thing to do was find a good tree (blah!). We also headed to Idaho for the Wadsworth family reunion. August was exciting! Matt started his very last Fall semester at USU and I got my Nikon D90 camera!! I started my photo business and began to get the hang of owning and marketing a small company. My first client was Carly, a beautiful gal - we had so much fun taking her pictures! September gave us that Fall weather we'd, well I'd, been hoping for - it's my favorite time of year. Our amazing friends Chris & Brittany invited us to their sealing - it was so beautiful! We celebrated grandpa John's 80th birthday! Matt was zooming through his busy semester and I got the privilege of watching cutie-pie Josh every day! I took my first set of bridal portraits in October!  We had a great time celebrating Halloween at mom and dad's - they go all out for mom's favorite holiday! November caught the cold. Literally. But we also got to celebrate Thanksgiving with Matt's family in Cheyenne - a new adventure for us because I had never been there. December was amazing! Matt got himself on the Dean's list - AGAIN! So, he only has one semester of student teaching to go. I shot my first set of pregnancy portraits, plus another set of bridals, senior portraits and Santa playing the Sousaphone! Matt got me my first Nikon flash to use on my first wedding on the 22nd! We had a great time with Matt's family the weekend before Christmas and we spent Christmas with my fam. We got a Wii!
We hope that we will be as blessed next year as we have been in 2009! We wish you all a safe and fun New Year's Eve - I'll be working. We love you! Here's to a fabulous 2010! Can't believe it's here already.
Enjoy our favorite pictures of 2009!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Pretty much every picture we put up on the blog are our favorites - so don't feel bad if there aren't any of you! We still love you to pieces!

No comments: