Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Favorite Meal

Matt and I are totally breakfast people. I would eat breakfast for every meal. Anyway, we love this. Butter both sides of your bread slice, then cut out a hole in the middle - I use the cap of my Pam cooking spray. Stick it in the pan and then crack an egg and pour it into the bread hole. Cook until golden-brown on each side (a little longer if you don't like a really runny yolk).
We call it the Gopher Hole. You can add cheese, or even chili like Matt did for dinner last night!
Photobucket
Yum!
On a more frustrating note, I went out to get in our car yesterday - we were out of toilet paper - and we had a ticket on our car from the campus parking office. Now, it's only $14 but, in the grand scheme of things, it's about the twentieth ticket I've payed during my seven years here So, if I've payed $300, give or take, to the university for parking, can you imagine how much money they make every year? Man, I was so livid yesterday - especially since they don't ticket for the whole first week of school over on South Campus (I know that because I lived in Merrill Hall for five years and every first week of the semester drove me crazy because anyone could park in our lot - that's one of the times I got a ticket, I parked in a red zone because I was so mad that there was not place to park in front of my building). So, I tweeted my anger, calling the parking office a bunch of bloodsuckers. After a couple comments from a cry-baby acquaintance - that I made my friend on Facebook after meeting him while he was working with Matt - about his mom working in the parking office, I discontinued my Facebook friendship with him and have since gotten even more irate. He said I should watch out whose mom I'm calling a bloodsucker - oooohhhh, I'm scared of you Mr. Facebook Commenter.
Anyway, I was parked in the correct lot - but we don't have a pass for our second car. Our other car is not starting and will hopefully be fixed soon - but I didn't want to pay the exorbitant amount of money the parking office makes you pay for a pass for a car that will only be around for a short while. Matt is correct, I should calm down about the whole thing - but I am so ready to get out of this place! I'm so sick of giving this university my money! Especially when we have both lived on campus our entire collegiate careers - that's upwards of $2400 a year from both of us. Crap! Plus a rise in tuition each year - man!
In the long run I know I'll feel guilt and remorse, but for now we'll call this my first blog rant and be done with it.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Parking tickets make me livid! haha. Oh and I LOVE breakfast too. I could eat it every day for every meal. I love all breakfast foods! Too bad going out to eat for breakfast is so many calories, but luckily I only go like 2 times a year. Sooooo goood.

April Celeste Garff said...

Steve makes these for me when he actually wakes up by the time I get back from running. He calls them "hole in one". We love them!